Email-leak: Is Be Scofield, Gurumag Blogger, a pedophile?

Our colleagues at Culture and Cult have elected to release this email online after due deliberation. We believe this email passes as a sex abuse whistleblower post. Its placement does not constitute an endorsement of innocence or guilt by the host, Culture and Cult. We received this email from a man who we confirmed does exist, who we responded to through his email reply. He agreed to speak with us audibly and visibly online to confirm his existence and legitimacy. After our carefully queried communication, and after diligently fact checking a number of key points in his email, we elected to admit his post. However, Culture and Cult did not interfere or involve itself in editing this email, nor do we verify or endorse any statements included in his post, keeping in accord with the Communications hosting act, section 230.

Here is the email:

UPDATE: This article has been removed by the author!

“I chose to remove this post because of the online harassment I observed from Be Scofield for posting it. And the completely wrong persecution I witnessed of others she falsely accused of being connected to me.
This was not my intention when I wrote the post. I earnestly apologize to anyone this may have affected adversely.
In all sincerity, Erin”

10 thoughts on “Email-leak: Is Be Scofield, Gurumag Blogger, a pedophile?

• Reply Ben July 23, 2019 at 7:34 pm

She’s a scumbag blogger. I don’t belong to any spiritual groups, but I’ve scrutinized most all of the groups she’s bashed, and what I’ve seen of this awful blogger Scofield is just garbage, contrived cooked up stories that have no reality to them. This doesn’t surprise me at all. She’s so entirely obsessed with her sex accusations of others. This email by this unfortunate guy helps me understand why. She obviously projects her own dark secrets onto others as her way of compensating.

• Reply Sandra Balliett July 25, 2019 at 12:36 am

Wow! That creepy selfie pic speaks volumes!

• Reply C.H. July 26, 2019 at 9:34 am

This is not what I was hoping for but at least it all makes sense now: I’m transgender myself and transitioned twenty years ago. I have been following Be Scofield for many years and even supported her IndieGoGo seven years ago. But for the last few years something really felt strange. Her accusations became more and more outrageous and I noticed that she blocks anyone that disagrees with her so-called “journalism”. She also started claiming that her own trauma doesn’t influence her “work”.

Apparently it does: Committing a crime like the one Erin so bravely shared with us leaves tremendous trauma not only with the victim but also with the perpetrator. What I understand now, after reading this, is that Be Scofield is obviously projecting her own trauma on other spiritual teachers. Think about it. Suddenly even her most outrageous articles start to make sense.

And what’s worse: Following her for so long, something felt increasingly strange about how she behaved as someone claiming to be “transgender”. It just didn’t feel authentic. And the more I tried to figure it out, the more it looked like there was a different motivation behind it than what I and all the others that I know feel. What is clear to me now is that she transitioned in an attempt to distract from the crimes she committed as a man. And if she ever gets caught and ends up in prison, being among women would also keep her from experiencing what she did to others.

What a disgusting person. I can only hope that the people following her blindly will finally wake up. I really wish I had never supported her.

Thank you Erin, for your courage! What you shared was the missing piece. And you were probably not the only one.

• Reply Carolyn Freeman July 28, 2019 at 3:55 pm

God! This is just like what happened to my neighbors son. Messed him pretty bad. So Sad that there aren’t more positive outlets for support like there are for women when this kind of crime happens to them. I went out with a guy a few years ago who was raped when he was young, and he just stuffed it. He said you just don’t get any help with this if your a guy. Just don’t talk about it. So Sorry Erin, and good for you for coming out with it. I hope the frog gets hers one day.

• Reply Harmoni July 30, 2019 at 4:39 pm

Sorry Erin, after so many years, it’s not plausible that you’ll get justice. She should be in jail. But she’ll get away with it the way she gets away with all the crap she cons people with. Psycho-trans! And she’s got a handful of pea-brained followers that she’s trained to come to her aid whenever she’s challenged by anyone. My recommendation… Stay honest, but don’t reveal anymore about yourself. She knows who you are, but also knows if she lets on that she does, she’ll expose herself for who she is and what she did. She’ll play this like you’re a liar and openly hit you with every threat possible. That’s gonna be her game when she reads your story. Bless you and I am sure lots of people will send you their hearts.

• Reply Kiren August 1, 2019 at 8:03 pm

Why is it that so often, those who always accuse others of the bad stuff are themselves the one’s who do that stuff? Are they trying to make up for the stuff they do? They also seem to make shit up. Twisted!

• Reply Brandi August 21, 2019 at 5:38 pm

Erin, would you please write a follow up. I get it why you won’t reveal your whole name, its understandable. You are revealing the ugly secrets of a practiced, if not, professional liar and I’m pretty sure she’s setting up a good cover story for herself that she’ll post soon. A few more words, as painful or as intimidating as it might be, possibly setting up an interview, maybe with someone at this Culture website? If they won’t do it, maybe an independent author there, or even another writer elsewhere who might agree to post the results here. Yes, an anonymous interview! Please don’t take her bait and reveal you whole name. She’ll continue to pretend she doesn’t know you. Why? Because if she did tell the world who you are, they would all know she lied right there. She’ll play this. She’s probably really pissed that she can’t come right at you without giving herself away. And don’t share the whole name of any people who know you. It won’t work out for you. Stay with your instincts on this.

• Reply Better Days August 27, 2019 at 2:11 am

I was on her Facebook friends list for quite a while, and am so embarrassed now to say that. I drank the Kool-aid. What I noticed most , and why I left her friend group, was just how obsessed she and her friends are with callously and unfeelingly ruining people’s lives. I mean wickedly so. I’ve seen her repeatedly rip into people and block anyone who might have the slightest bit of disagreement with her. When I first joined her friends list, I thought it might be a good cause to put a few of those cults out there in their place. But she really doesn’t know the difference between reality or fiction. Let me take that back. She does know, but she does it anyway. If she wants, she’ll just make up stuff. It’s so obvious. I wonder, why there is anyone left on her Facebook? That’s the mystery for me. There was a point when it became real, and I realized, being in her group, I was the cult!

• Reply Better Days August 27, 2019 at 2:13 am

One more thing. You bet she did this!

• Reply Sean September 3, 2019 at 1:46 am

Thanks to the Culture or Cult staff for putting the disclaimer at the top. But, I believe this story regardless of that. I intuitively feel she’s a past abuser, but probably not now. She changed her sex didn’t she? Her abuses are different now. She assaults religious groups. and their leaders. That’s a a kind of violation too, but now its psychological not physical. Anyone reading her crap journalism should be able to see her stuff is all Bullsh*t. I wish this kind of site would have been up years ago. And with a longer online presence, so we could see other stories on other injustices written.